When it comes to breakfast food, pancakes are at the top of the list for most people (me included)! But if you are trying to lose weight or stay on track with specific health and fitness goals, then pancakes may be something you think you need to avoid.
Well here’s some good news. You don’t need to deprive yourself of the foods you enjoy in order to achieve your goals. There are many ways you can still enjoy a balanced diet simply by choosing different ingredient alternatives.
This is why I absolutely love this guilt free recipe for coconut, banana pancakes and I think you will too!
- 1 free range egg
- 1 small banana (90g)
- 2 tsp shredded coconut (5g)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp coconut oil (10ml)
- 2 tbsp raspberries (40g)
- Sugar free maple syrup (20ml)
1. Mash the banana and whisk the egg and then stir in coconut and cinnamon.
2. Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Pour in batter to make pancakes to desired size.
3. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook the same on the other side.
4. Serve with raspberries.
- Energy 354 calories
- Protein 8.9g
- Fibre 5.3g
- Fat 28.7g
- Carbohydrates 27g
Give this coconut banana pancakes recipe a try!
Not only is this recipe really easy to make, but it’s also budget friendly and gluten free too.
What are some of your favourite recipes that you would like to give a healthy makeover to? Leave a comment in the comment section below.