Staying on track whilst travelling

So you booked that summer vacay months ago and started your summer shred straight away. You weren’t going to let this one sneak up on you like last time. You wanted to be ready! Bikini body ready!

You hit the gym, clean up your diet, dive into an online bikini shopping frenzy. You feel good and you look good and you’re ready to strut your half naked stuff all the way to pool bar and the buffet…but oh wait…the buffet!

Of course you want to enjoy you holiday because hell you earned it! But you don’t want to undo all of your hard work either because you couldn’t control yourself at the buffet breakfast. Speaking from first hand experience here.

So how do you get to enjoy your holiday without packing on the pounds?

Here are some of my top tips:

  1. Everything in moderation

I like to abide by the 80/20 rule. Eat fresh fruit, vegetables and protein 80% of the time and indulge the other 20%. You would be surprised at how easy it is to eat healthy whilst you’re away. By all means though have a few meals whereby you absolutely overindulge and don’t feel one bit guilty about it either!

  1. Exercise

Most hotels and resorts have a gym these days but better still get outdoors and go exploring. Walk, run, hike, bike or swim. Or even do a few exercises in your hotel room. I always pack my booty band whenever I travel in case I get stuck. Moral of the story? Just stay active.

  1. Drink lots of water

With all that exploring in (hopefully) warmer weather, you’ll need to stay well hydrated. Instead of reaching for soft drinks or breakfast juices to quench your thirst, stick to water instead.

  1. Pack healthy snacks

Being prepared with a few healthy snacks will save you snacking on junk food when you’re out and about. Some items I like to pack include:

  • Quest bars
  • Tuna cans
  • Nuts
  • Trail mix
  • Rice crackers
  • Carrot and celery sticks
  1. Avoid high sugar cocktails

I call this one the liquid donut! And since one pina colada has a similar amount of calories to a Krispy Kreme you will understand why. Try to avoid cocktails that are loaded with cream or have a milky base. If you’re going to enjoy a few pool bar beverages, stick to clear alcohol like vodka and anything with soda water as a base. Say NO to the Mudslide and HELLO to the Mojito!

No images found!
Try some other hashtag or username

Got A Question?

Visit our FAQ’s

CLICK HERE

Let’s Get Social

@moniquegibara #moniquegibara

Join The Fitness Diaries

Keeping you up-to-date with all the latest releases, news and promotions. Join The Fitness Diaries Today!
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.